Hot Rod Forum banner

camaro front brakes

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  yesgo 
#1 ·
my car was veering to the left upon braking so i figured the passengerside caliper was sticking, i changed both pads and calipers problem solved...or not, now two or the weeks later the problem has returned, what should i be looking for...should i just replace the master cyl and see what happens?

#3 ·
84 camaro rear drum brakes, i didnt check the rear brakes, but since they are drun, they hardly do anything so i doubt that could be the problem, the tire pressure is fine, like i said after i changed the front calipers it went away, but it has since returned and another thing, when my brakes are cold it stops way better than normal and it doesnt veer off to the left, it stays straight

#4 ·
You need to check your brake lines for kinks and hard bends if you find any replace them. They may be drums but can cause the car to veer more noticeably than the front will. If the rear are fine and the car pulls left it will be either the front left brake not releasing or the front right not engaging. Are your tire all the same?

#5 ·
I've seen the rubber flex lines do just that, they get little flaps of loose rubber inside, and act like a check valve. Good luck

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

#6 ·
I have the same problem with a 92 camaro except it pulls to the right, I cahnged both rotors, both calipers and brakes. kinda fixed it, but when you drove it for a distance it started smoking from around the calipers and melted the rubber on the piston of the caliper, so being under warranty I exchanged them, and it pulls to the right again. if brake pads or calipers get real hot like close to red, will this ruin the rotors and brakes? Also when driving and you just push on the pedal for a second and release it it still feels like your foot is on the pedal, its like something is not letting it release the brakes or something. Please give me some suggestions

#11 ·
If the old hose as some flaps loose inside they will not act up all the time, just under certain conditions and pressures. Normally bleeding will not make them show up. I've changed hundreds of hoses and that usually fixes the problem. Or I would not have posted that for a fix.

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

#12 ·
They will also almost always bleed normally under the pressures of bleeding the brakes.

You may notice that they wont gravity bleed though. The early 3rd-gen F-body is the most common vehicle to have a restricted hose I have ever seen. Most other vehicles dont get the pull as bad from restricted hoses. They just wear out fast, squeak, or get hot. Hoses are often overlooked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.