Hot Rod Forum banner

camaro headliner help

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  '66Biscayne 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me get started on changing my sagging headliner on a 81 . I was wondering how do u take it off and when u do how do u replace the broken plastic pieces. Also what tools do i need to take it off properly and also put it back in. thanks

strebor01

#2 ·
the headliner itself is cardboard with material glued to it. you can new material to cover the cardboard at the fabric store.

the first trim that needs to come off is the front and back metal peices which are metal and attached with screws. next comes the sail panels which have 2 or 3 screws. third is the ones above the doors, which have one screw in the front and the rest are trim clips. these are available used everywhere if yours are broken. last is the metal A pillar trim that has one screw at the bottom in the door jamb. pop those off and you can remove the headliner cardboard.

once its removed you can clean the old crap off the board and use some good spray on(3M) adhesive to attach the new material.

#3 ·
I am currently replacing the headliner in my biscayne and paddock parts catalogs offer many parts ranging frm the headliner you will need to the headliner replacement tools and glue. They also have a camaro specific catalog that you can order from <a href="http://www.paddockparts.com." target="_blank">www.paddockparts.com.</a> it will also have almost every factory replacement part you could ever hope for.

Hope this was some help
biscayne :) :) :D :)

[ March 14, 2002: Message edited by: '66Biscayne ]</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.