Hot Rod Forum banner

camaro inquisitive

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  whyholdback 
#1 ·
I recently came into a 1984 Chevrolet F body, 305, V-8, 5.0 at, 80k, one owner. all orig. 'CAMARO'. I am not real familiar with 4bb, and the tranny. What is the most important thing I should know and being it will be a classic in 2yrs. what should I check, change, or need to do?

#2 ·
84 Camaro

I have a 78 Z28,all depends on what you want it to be.First thing to know is a 305 is'nt the best engine choose,get a 87 or later 350 at the least because they have more torque,pluse 87 or later have roller lifters & vortec heads or go with & LS engine.If it's & automatic trans you probably have a weaker 700r4, get a later 700r4 88 thru 92,their stronger,alot of the buggs were fixed. Being a junk yard searcher there's boat loads of them but maybe not for long.Here an engine tip Chevy 6 liter V8s will make 400 HP with just headers & nothing else. Of course it all depends on what you want.One more thing the rear diff is'nt all that strong,maybe a 12 bolt or a 8.5 diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.