Hot Rod Forum banner

Camaro IROC Gauges, Turn Signal and Fusebox problem

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EOD Guy 
#1 ·
I have a 1986 Camaro IROC Z that is stock with the TPI 305. The gauges and the turn signals have not been working properly on the car. The fuel gauge only goes up to half way (half is full and empty is half), the oil pressure gauge is stuck at 0 and the temperature gauge is past full! The left turn signal works perfectly (both outside the card and on the dash) but the right turn signal only comes on occasionally. Sometimes only the rear light outside the car comes on while the dash and the front of the don't. Sometimes all 3 work perfectly. Also none of the idiot lights except the parking brake light and the headlight light on the dash come on.

I read online that this might be fuse box problem, so I took a look at the fuse box this morning and found that the TURN B/U fuse is semi loose. The left side of the fuse is completely in but the right side is loose. However I can't seem to pull the fuse out it's stuck as if the right side was welded or glued in place!

I also looked at the gauge fuse and it is completely stuck in the box! It won't even budge!
Could the fuses have been blown and stuck to the box? Could they be problem? Any idea how to get them out?

#2 ·
disconnect the neg battery cable, and use a pair of needle nosed pliers and yank them out. Examine the female terminals in the fuse block, if they seem buggered up or arched, then remove the securing bolt from the engine bay side of the fuse block and disconnect the pass tthru connector. The should be, not sure, two bolts that secure the fuse block, cabin side, to the fire wall. Remove them and remove the fuse block from the fire wall, there should be a couple of tabs that hold the fuse side to the back, be carefull and pry them apart and the fuse block should seperate and you'll have access the the female connectors. If they are toast you have two options..... junk yard or you can get indivual (pachard type 56) connectors and you might be able to splice them in. My dealings with fuse blocks..... there are two busses, always hot and switched, with all the females in one long strip etc.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.