Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Camaro Shock Absorbers
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Camaro Shock Absorbers

Hi guys, I need some inputs on shock absorber selection:

1979 small block powered Camaro sport coupe with stock springs front and rear. 15" steel 5 Spoke Z/28 wheels with 215-65-15 radials.

I am happy with the ride height and prefer the ride characteristics of the stock springs.

Front Monroe-Matic shocks have over 100k on them, rear Monroe-Matic have 150k+ on them so any stock type shock replacement will be an improvement.

Amazingly, they still dampen ok and don't give a bouncy ride but it seems like they don't filter out much resonance anymore, seems like the springs flutter or vibrate a bit on semi-smooth pavement.

I am leaning towards a set of Monroe Sensa-Trak shocks with the assumption they will still deliver a smooth ride like my worn out matics but do a better job taking out the jidders in my ride. Car feels a little nervous.

Car is not tracked, it's a lightly used show-driver, it doesn't get hammered, just cruised. Car sees 3k miles/yr. I am interested in improving the quality of the ride. Thoughts?