Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Camber and Toe Settings
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,085 Times in 968 Posts
What did you do put your old cab on the late frame? THEORETICALLY aligning it with the specs of the late frame. That is one of the reasons you would do a frame swap is things like this, no thinking, just align it to the original specs.

That being said, it depends a little on how you are going to drive it. I personally wouldn't have any car I own set up with positive camber, don't see a need in that.

That all being said, properly measuring these alignment points like camber can be pretty tough like you did it, I would say bring it to someone with a real alignmenet equipment if you want to get it right. You could have the caster off and measuring that with home tools is pretty hard. Right now you have no idea what the caster is. When correcting the camber you could be correcting the caster at the same time. OR you could be making the caster further out of spec, without knowing what the caster is you are peeing in the wind.

Brian