Hot Rod Forum banner

Cams

822 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Arcuden 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am putting together a 67 ford mustang and am looking for Some one to recommend me a CAM...I was recommended: CompCams XE 256 H flat tappet, But when i went to: http://www.compcams.com/ , there were a TON of cams to choose from! Which ONE would be the best for my needs? I want PURE ADRENALINE POUNDING POWER :evil: !!!!!!!!! i know it is a lot to ask from a 289...but Ive been told that it is better for the cars value to leave the stock motor in there! :confused: So i have! BUT i have put in a Edlebrock 4b carb and intake manifold around it! also some flow masters and the headers go in this week. and the Pentronix full ignition system! ANYTHING else you guys can recommend :welcome: !

#2 ·
that cam will do just fine. It will give you good throttle response and mileage. With the duals, hot ignition and better carb and intake it should do you just fine.

OR you could pull the 289, bag it and stick it in a corner. Then drop in a 400 cid engine based on the 351W and get some REAL ADRENALINE POUNDING POWER.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.