Hot Rod Forum banner

camshaft advice for BBC

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  11echo 
#1 ·
Whats up guys i have a 572 CID bbc Big M block with eagle rotating assembly (forged crank and h-beam rods) that i bought from dynoflow performance autoworks they have a store on ebay and a great group of guys i must say, anyways my heads are dart pro 1 aluminum (heads and piston combo is around 10.4:1 compression) heads have 325 cc intake runners 119cc chambers and 2.25 1.88 valves (i bought the heads bare so i culd complete my valve train hopefully with a comp cams k -kit) my intake is a performer rpm that intend to have port matched if need be. i will have a TH400 trans and a rear axle ratio of 3.90 wth 28 or 29 inch tall tires i hope i have provided enough info for a camshaft selection i definatly want to go with a hydraulic roller, rpm range of 2,500-6,500 or around about because this is a street driven engine.

P.S. i am intending to put this is a 87 SS montle carlo but i want a G-Body malibu, i have a post on the "want ads" on this site if you guys know where one may be let me know.

I also have not bought a Carb yet, need some help there too, how much power as far as hp and tq can i look for from this combo? Any suggestions or changes you guys would suggest let me know because now is the time i need to do it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.