Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - camshafts for sbc (302,305,307,327)
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyringo
Now if you listen closely and do your homework, you'll find out I am right with my information...If you go with the 750 carb, your going to loose low end TQ. Whereas, if you look at dyno results, it will be hard to beat a Quick Fuel 600cfm carb...Why, because unless your buying a new HP holley 750 carb, I can guarantee you, you'll have a bog when you mash the pedal to the metal. You'll get frustrated trying to figure out why and will finally sell it...One the other hand a 600 cfm quick fuel will give you the seat of the pants rocket lauch your looking for in a street machine. The 750cfm would be great if it was going to be built to haul above 6,000 rpm...But I do not think your going to do that that often...Most will be street light to street light and low end TQ is where it is at...The 600cfm will give high velocity to the heads and cam your intending to use...The 750 will fall on it's face off the line..I have seen this first hand when I was young....

P.S. I just saw that your going to use the Q-jet....THat is going to be a very good carb to use....so go for it~!
yeah i dont think ill b up near 6,000 rpm unless im doin the 1/4 down budds creek o something. . but now your saying at the end that the quadrajet 750 is good?? you confused me a bit. . yay or nay?