Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Interior (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/interior/)
-   -   Can Camaro seats work in a 32 (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/can-camaro-seats-work-32-a-150621.html)

31chevy 01-01-2009 04:34 PM

Can Camaro seats work in a 32

I have an oppertunity to purchase a seat of 2nd gen camaro seats or a set of 4th gen camaro seat. Im trying to figure out what the mounting brackets look like. What would i have to do to fit them in a 1932. Would i have to make some sor of seat brackets that position it higher off the floor??

MARTINSR 01-01-2009 10:49 PM

This is personal opinion, and I am sorry to all those who may read it who have this set up in their car.

I think that modern bucket seats look like hell in an early car. ESPECIALLY high back buckets.

They are just out of place, period.

Brian

NEW INTERIORS 01-01-2009 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The newer Cavalier's Have some great looking seats,They fit very good in that car.Here's some I put And my rat rod,And my 34 ford.Not to sure about the Camaro seats. :) And they are just the right height.. :thumbup: We went to the junk yard and bought all they had.I think we bought about 6 set's.. :)

MARTINSR 01-01-2009 10:56 PM

Those seats in the right car that has a "smooth", "Boyd" look to it, hell yes they work. But a 70's Camaro, not by my book.

Personally I look for a "theme", every nut and bolt is going to "fit" the theme. If that is done, you just can't go wrong.

Brian

NEW INTERIORS 01-01-2009 10:58 PM

They have some very nice lines.They kinda look like some Tea's seats. :thumbup:

31chevy 01-01-2009 11:06 PM

Well i'd run a bench seat if i could but I can't. I have no room even with the S10 tailshaft.

leldai73 01-02-2009 04:03 AM

I'm running those same cavalier seats...in my cavalier. they are comfortable :thumbup:, And I've logged alot of miles in it. I never really thought of putting them in a car like that but they look nice.

DanTwoLakes 01-02-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31chevy
I have an oppertunity to purchase a seat of 2nd gen camaro seats or a set of 4th gen camaro seat. Im trying to figure out what the mounting brackets look like. What would i have to do to fit them in a 1932. Would i have to make some sor of seat brackets that position it higher off the floor??

What you have to understand about car seats is that they are not made by the car manufacturers. The manufacturers buy them from seat companies, and the seat companies build them to the car company specs. They take a basic seat frame, create the padding, and upholster the seat accordingly. There can be many different styles of upholstery attached to the same basic seat frame. The seat itself has an adjuster mechanism on the bottom to allow the seat to adjust back and forth. This adjuster mechanism has four bolts which are there to attach the seat to a mounting bracket which is then attached to the floor of the vehicle. These mounting brackets are designed by the car companies to work in their cars.

So to answer your question, yes you will have to fabricate some kind of mounting bracket for the seats to get them to sit at the correct height off the floor in your car to be able to see out the windshield, just like the car manufacturer did with the seat in the first place.

da34guy 01-02-2009 06:38 AM

1 word

UGLY

DanTwoLakes 01-02-2009 11:15 AM

I'm not sure what you're commenting on, but if you don't like the Cavalier seats, don't use them in your own car. It would also be a good idea to tone down your comments. Your post was uncalled for. You can disagree all you want, but do it in a civil manner.

da34guy 01-02-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
I'm not sure what you're commenting on, but if you don't like the Cavalier seats, don't use them in your own car. It would also be a good idea to tone down your comments. Your post was uncalled for. You can disagree all you want, but do it in a civil manner.

Who died and left you God????

prostreet6t9 01-02-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da34guy

Why bother responding if you're just gonna try to start something?? :rolleyes:

da34guy 01-02-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostreet6t9
Why bother responding if you're just gonna try to start something?? :rolleyes:

Not tryin to start anything
Just stating fact, and my opnion.
Is there a law against that?

MARTINSR 01-02-2009 12:24 PM

DING, round one! http://bestsmileys.com/argue/2.gif

Brian

DanTwoLakes 01-02-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da34guy

Nobody died and left me God, but they did make me a moderator which means I'm responsible to see that everyone plays nicely. I tried to explain as nicely as I could that while you are entitled to your opinion you don't need to be a jerk about it. If you don't want to play nicely I can arrange it so that you don't play at all.............your choice.