Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Can a "Four Door" be a "Hot Rod"
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My five thousand pound Town Car is built on an aftermarket pro touring chassis and has a crate engine from a performance builder. It might not be a Viper beater, but it sure is a hot rod. The most comfortable of my four.

I like roadsters best. I've a '57 Thunderbird and a '62 Corvette that are beautiful.... but I'm getting too fat to drive them.

I'm not crazy about four place coupes because I don't see the point of back seats without doors to access them. I don't have a back seat in my Bullitt replica 'stang.

I don't like pillarless hardtops because dragged into modernity, they look like rattletraps and usually are. There's a reason they don't make them anymore.

But four door pillared sedans make great street rods to actually drive. A good friend made a mid sixties GTO out of a four door pillared Lemans and a 421 Bonneville engine, and I like it better than any GTO GM ever made. Just put the right badges on what you like. The 421, by the way, had the same external footprint as the Tempest 326 it replaced.