Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Can I use a 4L80E from a 98 GMC Chevy 3500HD in my 93 Sierra 2500HD??
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampbell02
But they are both the same transmission 4L80E...do you know why?? And if not, do you know which other vehicle would be have the same transmission...if any...my truck is a 1993 GMC Sierra 2500HD 5.7...the VIN states it has the 4L80E transmission in it...I thought maybe there would be another vehicle I could get a transmission out of to replace mine as my reverse is gone.

Thanks again!!
Mary

look at your 4L80e trans... electrical connector on the driver's side for a retaining bolt in the center of the connector. 1998 is a plug / clip on design with no retaining bolt. You would need to update the wire harness connector I am sure

Look at cooler line fittings. 1998 has different location and design of cooler fittings.

Check length on 2 wd transmission. The HD 2wd trucks used a 1 inch longer tail & out put shaft.