can some one help an old gear head - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 08:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

can some one help an old gear head

hi guys...this is my first post...i dont see a spell checker here so please bear with me...im not a good speller...i need some help...im a old gear head from the 60's and ex drag racer...yes im an old man now...i just recently got divorced after many years...i want to build a motor but its been so long since i did one im not quite sure of the combination...i have a 67 vette coupe that was my childhood street rod...i had it for 34 years... it survived all my ex wives...if any one is wondering yes it is the 427/435 trips...the car now just turned 26,000 original miles...im 2nd owner and i bought the car with less then 1000 miles on it...for some strange reason which now i beleive in miracles i pulled the big rat out when i bought and properly packed it away with 1000 miles on it...i recently puffed the small block i built about 30 years ago...when i take it out i run the car hard...i dont show it and i dont baby it...i just picked up a 400 short block that was just built...it had a cast crank in it so i tore it down...in the last few months i took out the muncie and put a richmond T-22 bullet proof in which alowed me to pick the ratios...i also put the bigger u joints in and now considering changing the drive shaft and half shafts...the half shafts are no problem but the drive shaft is so tight i might have to get the same diameter with a thicker wall...the combo i would like to have is around 500 hp and i want to run a barry grant 6 shooter and i want to keep it hydrolic roller......on the 400 the holes are cut 30...im running a 4:10 in the butt...i have a be cool big block rad with double fans...i have it down to a bare bone which now im in the process of blueprinting the block...i dont know if they still they do that but im taking off all flashing and grinding smooth on the outside for stress releif and also under the oil pan rails for loose slag and all the other stuf...back in the day that was a big thing for block stregnth for the class i ran...any input i would treasure...gear heads never die we just older and slower of the tree...sorry about the long distance letter...thanks guys for any help...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

A set of AFR heads and a fairly mild cam should net you 500+ horsepower and gobs of torque. There are also 420 and 434 stroker kits available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.