Hot Rod Forum banner

Can someone help me find owners of these Mysterion pictures?

4K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Ghetto Jet 
#1 ·
Does anyone own or know who owns these pictures that show up several places on the web? I would like to get copyright permission on them.

See less See more
#8 ·
Here's one I took at the Petersen Museum a few years ago of the Mysterion - and you have my permission to use it as you see fit. I have more of Roth cars but may not of that particular car. This is what I have in Photobucket. To try to find more would take a bunch of my time on an old hard drive but can if you need them for something:

Dave W

#9 · (Edited)
Here's one I took at the Petersen Museum a few years ago of the Mysterion - and you have my permission to use it as you see fit. I have more of Roth cars but may not of that particular car. This is what I have in Photobucket. To try to find more would take a bunch of my time on an old hard drive but can if you need them for something:

Dave W
Thanx Dave; unfortunately that isn't the original Mysterion. It is a very nice reproduction done by Dave Shuten in 2005 and is now on display @ Galpin Automotive. The snapshots I posted are original '63 & '64 photos of the real thing. Being that old, it is extremely difficult to track down the geezer to took it!!

Here is a picture of Dave and his reproduction at a Galpin Auto display at some show, circa 2006.

#11 ·
Rumors abound that's fpr sure! Any find of an original part would be wonderful but I really doubt any identifiable part still exists. The 390s are surely in someone's hot rod somewhere, if the front and rear axles still existed they surely would pop up on a Craig's List or ebaY auction. I think we must reconcile with the very few snapshots that exist and clones.

#12 ·
#16 ·
More than thinking. I am just finishing the electrical (always a frustrating task) and am ready to tear down for paint, build engine, a couple $trillion in chrome, and the final build. Should be on the road I'm guessing in February some time. I'll send you some PM photos.

#22 ·
My Favorite car by Ed, The Mysterion, name fits for sure. The Oribrton was lost, and ED was happy with that one being lost, he never was to fond of that one I heard. Pops up in Mexico:D Like the Alexandra Brothers the Old 49ER roadster turing up over seas. Piece of it might just pop up:D
WILLY36 do you have a thread on your build, if not could you send me a teaser pick:D I always wanted to build an old bubble top :thumbup:

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.