Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Can someone ID this motor for me?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:19 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

In the HAMB thread you quoted from, that contains this:
Quote:
The 400 335 Series was released in 1971 to replace...
also has guys posting "400M" as a way to ID that particular engine.

Quote:
In all discussions of Ford V8 engines, it is extremely important to understand that Ford, unlike its competitors at the time, did not have just small block and big block engines. Ford engines generally came in three size ranges, sized to best suit the application.
Interestingly, the SAME article/wiki page you quoted from above, ALSO has this passage (next to the last paragraph):
Quote:
The medium range of displacement needs was met by the 400M engine, a Cleveland-style block with a raised deck allowing it to use a longer stroke crankshaft...
Live by the wiki, die by the wiki.

Since Google is your friend, try taking a look here, at some of the 296,000-odd hits for "400m engine".

Just so we're clear on this- as I said previously- I will continue to use "400M" when referring to the 335 series 400cid Ford engine. You ain't gotta like it- but you WILL deal w/it.

Lastly, the OP didn’t seem to have any problem understanding me- and the OP is who I was addressing in the first place.

Besides, if that’s ALL you are able to find “wrong” w/my posts, I’ll call that pretty damn good for someone lost in a "seemingly limitless fog"! LOL

You are dismissed.