Hot Rod Forum banner

Can someone identify this car?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  ChevelleSS_LS6 
#1 ·
Hey Ya'll, Attached is an old pic of my Mama, and I would like to know if anyone knows the model and kind of car that was? She was born in 1911. She passed away several years ago so I have no way of knowing what kind of car she had. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
not 100% sure im right but i think most buicks had spare tire on the front fenders in the late 30's

Edit after looking a bit maybe its a 1938 Nash Ambassador 6 kinda close still searching but i also agree with Ckucia the dodge seen here looks closer to me ( 3rd pic)

Regards Mike

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Some more observations:

It amazes me how many of these cars looked so similar.
I did notice after posting that the tan-colored 35 Plymouth has similar circles. It also has the single top-mounted wiper blade.

The Nash looks like it has bottom-mounted blades.

There is *something* on the hubcap. I blew it up to 400% but the image gets too grainy to tell. Perhaps the original poster could submit another higher resolution picture.

Hey! I know ... send it in to the guys at the CSI TV Show. :rolleyes: Ever notice how they can blow up a satellite image of someone committing a murder and get a name brand off of their running shoes by "enhancing" the picture? :mwink:

Don

#11 ·
Here's a Close-up of the Hub Cap

Hey, Here is a close-up of the Hub Cap. I've tried to take the best pic from what I have to work with as the original pic is only 2" x 3". After reading everyone's thoughts, I'm inclined to think it is a 1935 Plymouth. I zoomed in on the Hub Cap and it looks like it 'might' say Plymouth, altho it looks upside down.

Attachments

#12 ·
Found HubCap Pic . . .very wierd feeling

I typed 30's Plymouth Hubcap on Ebay and found one. After looking at it, I thought it was a good match. The person selling it stated they were not sure of the year, but guessed '34. What was really weird was the Ebay seller was from North Carolina which is where I am from and where my Mama also lived and grew up. Sorta gave me a funny feeling. Well, I'm off to find a '35 coupe so I can paint it yellow and name it 'Goldie' after Mama. Thanks ya'll for all of your help.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.