#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys glad your here for me.
Heres the problem. I keep blowing the tail light fuse. Heres some facts

1953 belair
painless 12 circit wire kit
flaming river tilt (chevy style)
54 backing housings for tail light
lee lens
I have welded a piece of tubeing to the backing plate so the lenses dont melt.
1157 bulbs top and bottom.

on the top left side I have the yellow turn wire going to the dim light of 1157.(bright not used)
On the bottom light I have the brown wire(parking light) going to the dim side of that 1157
on the bright side of that bulb runs my brake light wire ( orange and says third brake light on it) I have piggy backed it from the left side to the right lower bright 1157. Also on the right is the green turn wire going to the top dim(bright not used) and brown to dim on lower 1157 bulb and the brake (orange) to the lower right bright.
I am not sure if this is right. Makes sence to me. But I just dont know.

http://www.painlesswiring.com/Manuals/10102.pdf
Page 33 is how its wired

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have not used painless.
However IMHO I would run all four brights for brakes and turn s as most cars do. After all you do want to wake up the cell phone /text messrging illegal alein behind u right.
Also ,if it said third brake light why did u run it to the brakes. That should be separate as it is not included in the hazard circuit.
U did not say under what cicumstances the fuse id blowing.
Every thing you;ve done may be good and u have a ground in the circuit that needs to be cleared. :welcome:

#4 ·
So, I assume that there is no other brake wire?
Because it lasts 5 min I don.t think there is a direct short,

o shoot this I would start by removing all the light bulbs and then turn the switches on etc. and see if u lose the fise. Then add 1 bulb and do the same.
Go thru this until u find the problem or all the bulbs are back in.
If that occurs and then u lose the fuse u will need to see if u are under fused or there is a problem in the switches in the column or i the panel. :welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.