Can VolksWagens be Hot Rodded? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Army Strong

Last wiki edit: How to remove a VW Type I body
Last journal entry: well once again
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

oh well

but i'm going with the stang i belive...
so now i need some help with design plans
b/c i want it to be street/strip car
so the interor needs to be awesome ..
its going to be gutted so i'll install new radio and speakers and what not.. .. i think i can get my hands on a 428CJ.if not i'll find a 351C

but racing bucketseat with racing seatbelt for the left side.
racing.. LEANING bucket seat for right side.. racing seat belt?
rear seats going to be re-covered.. and regular seat belts

carpet.. idk

dash will be stock

the gauges might be left alone except for maybe a tach and the 3 gauge pod under the center dash

..sorry if this seems redundant.. but i copied it from an email.. so if yal didnt know.. i'm stickin stang.. sorry VW fans

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

I think a few months back in Car Craft or something they had a feature on some Ford car (mustang, pinto? I cant remember) with the inliner and they were running pretty fast. No built 302, but for sure will get more looks come cruise night!

The ford inliners, just like the AMC/Jeep inliners have the intake and exhaust ports on the same side of the cylinder bank which limits flow. a "crossflow" engine is more efficent. (intake on one side of cylinder bank, exhaust on the other).

When the time comes (it runs like a champ with almost 187,782 miles) I'll rebuild my Jeep 4.0 as a mild stroker, aiming for everyday driveability, reliability, and more low end torque.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
User

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper_1938
Looks like a cross between a 30's Ford, post-war fastback, and Euro-Road racer.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:35 PM
need strog32 chevy front doors

Last journal entry: Tbd
Last photo:

I would go with the bug. But keep it original looking but powerful. It will cost less to build an high performance engine for this bugger than it will for that pony. and there are aircooled engines in those drag bugs. Just with bigger cranks and jugs. my 2 cents.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q80Kh-Vuf0c

even better

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o3MpngZkB...elated&search=
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Army Strong

Last photo:

well thank you for yall's opinions

i'm goin with the mustang.. and will get final word tomorrow on it

so thanks to all

if you search me .. i have a few other threads where yall can add your thoughts

and i'm starting up a journal

thanx again

-cam
Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 PM

Try searching for "FUSCA" on YouTube.
These cars can be very fast with turbochargers!

VW is VERY popular here in Brazil. Cheap parts everywere! And a lot of performance parts too.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM
learning

hmm these volkswagons look pretty cool. im looking around for ideas about my first hot rod build as well. does anyone know any sites that have parts and stuff for building these volkswagons? those fenderless ones look really good i think
Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Army Strong

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playsinthedirt
hmm these volkswagons look pretty cool. im looking around for ideas about my first hot rod build as well. does anyone know any sites that have parts and stuff for building these volkswagons? those fenderless ones look really good i think
they are called Baja Buggys...

hehe

i got pics of what i'm trading btw to yall

i got the permisson to trade them..

he said he'd give me 300 apiece so i'd make 900 and he'd charge me 1500 for the mustang.. but today i found another engine and another tranny.. one engine jumps out of gear.. and the engine tapps.. the other 2 are good...

so now i just got to get some pics of the mustang and then get overall permission and were good to go.
! YAAY
Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playsinthedirt

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/
Old 01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Army Strong

Last photo:

well guys i got some info. on the mustang..

the floorpans got to be replaced
the rocker panel has to be replaced
the cowl did leak.. which i suspect rusted allthat^.. and it needs to be fixed

it needs a hood..

6 cly 200 in it..

auto tranny
^that'll go

the seat mounts arent mounted down.. b/c its rusted...

trunk mounts are rusted..

i'm gettin a rust bucket

..but all the parts except for the hood are there

and the gas tank is rusted.. and it has repair parts

now.. all the electronics are gone.. the dash needs to be replaced..

so yeah..

i'm restoring a car

and i;m gettin it for free.. go to my photogallery and see my VW's

-Scott
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 PM
learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06
they are called Baja Buggys...
hehe
ive heard of baja buggies, but wouldn't really think of those with this one

http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/features/.../photo_01.html
Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 AM

Can Volkswagens be Hot Rodded

I Am Crackin up here ? Way Too funny !! There Are Buggs out there Worth every much if not more than a 65 Ford Mustang . But whats Really Sadd is there's Quite a Few of um out Runn American Muscle , and do it on Less Gas ? Across Intersection At A light A Medocre Badd Bugg is Almost Unbeatable ! In Fact I often Joke My Vette lovin Uncle . That Im just Gonna Race Him far Enough too beat Him out ,then shut down , For Safety sake ! Gotta keep it Safe and Sane ? Cant have my Favorite Uncle Killin him Self in a High speed Car Race ? 12 sec buggs pretty common out here In So Cal . Unfortunately Mines not a 12 sec Car . But Im workin on it ! You Guy's Should know that Volkswagen Racing technology is Considerd too be Cutting Edge of Raceing Technology for Like 15 Too 20 Year's . I Live In a Buggy Mecca ! In fact quite a few of the top Racers, and Builders are From my Imediate Area . Both Dragg and Off Road Raceing . Original Buggs Ran any where from 40 Horses too 65 Horses And a 100 Horse Buggy <<< You'd best be payin Attention ! Might just get out Runn ! Doesnt take Much too Make one Pretty Quick . Article In Hot Vw's Engine Build off Clyde Berge Built a 2335cc Bug on 7.5- 1 CCR Naturally Aspirated Dyno'd at 174 Horses and Ran a 12 sec ET in 1/4 Mile ! Yeah 7.5- 1 CCR is stock compression for a Bug ? The other Builders Ran 10 -1 or close put out 220+ horses . Yeah He lost the Build off ? But a 12 Sec Bugg thats only Runnin Stock CCR Is Quite impressive ! You all should Also know that the Fastest 4 Cyl in the World Is a Boxer Type 1 Motor Design, Putts out a 1000 Horses ! Guy who Did it I beleive is out of Paradise Ca. But If I havent Impressed you with V- Dubbs yett ? Check out www.cbperformanceproducts.com << These Guy's are Big time intoo Turbo chargeing and Fuel injection of Vw's ! Yeah 350 Horses pretty common on a streetable Car ? Ive heard 450 Horses and Streetable ! But if Drivin a Herbie Just isnt your Style ! Might I remind you Vw's Also come in 2 seater Sports car Configuration by way of a Ghia ! Also like Too point out that you can Build a Vw Drive train from Rubber Too brakes too Axles Too tranny's , too engine <<< and every part on it will be Aftermarket mild too high Performance part's <<, Im talkin Even the Tranny case and Engine case , every part in drive train ! Not one OEM part used ! Still not impressed ? How Does 63 Dollars a year for Registration sound <<< That's in the Peoples Communist republic of California . Then 48 Dollar's a Month For insurance <<< On a 12 Sec Car ? That Handles Like a Older porsche if not Better ??? Still not Impressed ? Then you need too only see one Pull a Wheelie in the Parkin Lott of your Favorite Hang out ! But Please no Drunkin Red Neck I use too know a Guy stories about a Porsche Motor In a Bugg That'd out Runn a Ford But wasnt quite fast enough too out runn the Chevy . But the Guy Got the Porsche Motor out of a wrecked Porsche <<< where of Course for Creditability Purposes Both Occupants Usually A Guy and his G/f were Killed wrecking the Porsche ? I mean had too be a fast Porsche too out runn the Ford ? Right ? But if that Story Doesnt convince you His Buddy even drunker than him has the v8 chevy in a Bug Story ! << way too Funny ! But Seriously Dont think I can Suffer Another one, and I absolutely draw the line at followin me too the Bathroom while im trying too releive my self of 6 pack trying too convince me that it really happend with Gory detail's of How the Chick in the Porsche they Got the Motor out of Was Be Headed in the Wreck ! <<, Way Too Funny ! Yeah You All know who you are ! Hee Hee Hee Snicker Snicker ! These Car's are Volkswagens And Volkswagen Design . No Porsche parts Used except on a few of the Older 40 horsers that were hopped up most usually durin 60's and 70's . Mild too Hi performance Buggs Are some of the Most Complicated Sophisticated Builds there is ! If you like Fabrication and Developeing new and better Mouse Trapp's , and are Good at it ! You will love Buggs ! Check these sight's out >> Samba.com , www.volkswebbin.com. Grab a Hot Vw's Magg theres many more Site's On the Webb related Too Volkswagen . Ok ! Guess im Gonna be Kicked too the Curb After this Post ? Was it the Drunkin redneck Porsche Story ? <<, Yeah probably what did it ! Imma Newbie Too ! Couldnt Even Make it a Week in this Forum with out Runnin my Big mouth and being Tar'ed and Featherd ! Yeah Like Old Car's ? I just Sold a 54 Too one of are Local Racers ! Sean AKA Dead Meat after this Post !
Old 01-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Nothing to do with VWs.....but, Sean's...................I can guarantee that no one read your whole post. Not because of the content, but just because of the way it is written, It is nearly impossible to read...it made my eyes hurt....

Some advise. ....STOP with the capital letters on every other word, make readable sentences. When you start a new thought, start a new paragraph........

I wont complain about spelling, it was pretty good.

Budget RVs
Old 01-11-2007, 08:05 AM

Last photo:

http://exphose.com/upfiles.aspx/7/asppg_He974475080.jpg

Of course VW's can be Hot Rodded. The only limitation is your imagination.

Sorry...........I tried to delete this post when I realized that my photo site will not allow me to post here but I could not find a way to delete my post.

Last edited by walt; 01-11-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:34 AM

Can Volkswagens be Hot Rodded

Yeah ! My typeing skill's are horrid at best . Im old and long winded . But not readin my Post ? Im hurt even ! Here I am thinkin im Hillariously funny ? But your not gonna read my post ? It's ok tho . Cause im not gonna listen too anymore drunkin Porsche motor's in a Bugg story's . Or v8 in a Bugg story's ! So consider us even ! <<< Cause that is way funny stuff . In fact if I ever have too suffer another Porsche motor / Vw story ? I will jack my bugg up ! Put my head under the front tire and drop the jack like 25 times, until im either dead , unconscious, or develope a badd nose bleed ! <<< Now thats funny ! Sean

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.