Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A can of worms? Lets talk about Diebold Electronic Voting Machines...
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 12:30 AM
Custer had it Comin'!!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

A can of worms? Lets talk about Diebold Electronic Voting Machines...

After going back and forth in a different thread, Weimer brought up an issue that kind of stuck in my mind - the Diebold voting machines. Since then, I've read some pretty interesting, actually disturbing, information regarding these machines. Word has it that voting information is easy to tamper with, and audit trails, spot checks, and the like can easily fail. Humm...do I smell totalitarian government itching to take a foothold? Or is it already too late? I'm trying to gauge how far our collective heads are up our collective a$$es.

PS - As an issue, this could be heated, so I would like to ask that it not be a "partisan" flamefest. If possible, lets leave out Bush, Kerry, and Gore and focus on the issue. It just so happens that Republicans are in the majority right now and could benefit from this, but I believe the issue would be there if Democrats were the majority, too.