Hot Rod Forum banner

Can you believe this?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
I needed a sanding disk for my drill the other day as the ol pad had seen better days so I get in the van and run to the local big box stores hoping to find a 6" cheep replacement pad.:mad:

I checked out the 1 brand they carried and noticed I could only get a 4" or a 5 1/2" oddball disk and would be stuck getting replacement disks from them. I wanted a 6" disk so I left the big box store and stopped at the local hardware store. A quick check finds an Ace 6" backing disk and arbor. $4.99 was right in the budget. I bought it and took it home. :D

I am in the shop and I just tossed the product on my bench. Awhile later I went to the bench and was looking something up on the computer when my gaze shifted to the package with the wheel and I immediately Key in on the following words. Manufactured In USA For Ace Hardware. I was shocked. I just figured it was cheep Chinese but Made IN USA... That's just outstanding it made my day. :thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah I realize it is really manufactured probably in China but Damn it it made me feel good for a couple a minutes anyway!!:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
At least part of it has to be made here to have that label on it, or it may be assembled in China. I see that to. I have no clue how it can be cheaper to make parts here, ship them all the way across the Pacific to have them assembled and then ship them back here. You would think for the time and cost to do that, they could just assemble it here too ....:confused:

#3 ·
I have no clue how it can be cheaper to make parts here, ship them all the way across the Pacific to have them assembled and then ship them back here. You would think for the time and cost to do that, they could just assemble it here too ....:confused:
Didn't Chrysler do that with the Colts and Champs in the 80's?
Seems to me, the bodies were made here and the engines were made in Germany...
Then they shipped it all over to Japan to have the engines installed, then shipped them back

#5 ·
Somebody point me to the legislation that requires and item to be labeled properly?

False Advertising? Please....That law is only as good as the lawyers getting paid. In this case, It says "Made in USA" and "Made in the USA" nor do you have proof the packaging and not the product in "Made in USA". Being "Made in the USA" has whether labeled or not has almost no creditability anyway.

#6 ·
I believe if the box says "Made in USA" it means the product inside the box is made in the USA. There is usually the "Assembled in the USA of imported components" and other versions. I think they cover it pretty well.

Brian

#7 ·
Because of the recent shipping strike as well as other considerations there is some movement in industry to bring back manufacturing to the USA. This has been covered in some of the business publications available..

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.