Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Canada and Canadians (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/canada-canadians-30647.html)

mathjew 12-20-2003 06:58 PM

Canada and Canadians

what is like, or is just home to you. i'v always wanted to go to Canada and some day will. i love the out doors and wildlife. if / when i get to got to Canada what should i do or not do and where do i need to go. what do i need to see you all should know.
thanks

mathjew

tm454 12-20-2003 07:06 PM

learn french, buy warm clothes and snow tires.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

4 Jaw Chuck 12-20-2003 07:14 PM

Re: Canada and Canadians

Quote:

Originally posted by mathjew
what is like, or is just home to you. i'v always wanted to go to Canada and some day will. i love the out doors and wildlife. if / when i get to got to Canada what should i do or not do and where do i need to go. what do i need to see you all should know.
thanks

mathjew

Well English and French are our official languages, I would suggest you become proficient in your primary language before you learn another, what happened to the poet with the silver tongue? This post looks like it was written under the influence?:confused:

Whats up with that Mathew?

poncho62 12-20-2003 07:24 PM

Its not like.......

When you cross the border at Niagra Falls, hop on the 1st snowmobile and you will be there in no time.

Canada is not much different than most of the US. Southern Ontario, which is where I live is at the same latitude as Northern California.
Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world, the US is 4th.
It is an extemely large place, It has great expances of rough and rugged country, but it also has some of the most cossmopolitan cities also.

We are not a bunch of simple eskimos like a lot of people think, although we have some....lol

killerformula 12-20-2003 07:38 PM

If you live in the United states and have never visited Canada- Shame on you! Canada is very cool place. You'll notice the people are more easy going and don't seem to have much to prove, which is refreshing. The cities are clean and safe and they have socialized health care policies that are wonderful.

poncho62 12-20-2003 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by killerformula
If you live in the United states and have never visited Canada- Shame on you! Canada is very cool place. You'll notice the people are more easy going and don't seem to have much to prove, which is refreshing. The cities are clean and safe and they have socialized health care policies that are wonderful.
Which we pay for big time through our wonderful tax system. We are the MOST taxed country in the world.........But, whose bitter?....lol

mathjew 12-20-2003 07:53 PM

4 Jaw Chuck,

YesI know it was badly written sorry.My Punctuation and grammar was not the best but rushes happen.
I'm not mad but it's spelled "Matthew".

mathjew

EverReady!974 12-20-2003 10:11 PM

sites

If you want to see sites in Canada I would have to recommend the okanogan in the summer. In winter I would recommend the Rockies. And if you have the money, reliable 4X4, gas cans and likeness for bugs, try the far north.

troy-curt 12-20-2003 10:35 PM

Mathjew;
I've been there several times showing my car, And there is not much difference . Every thing is high priced, like gas and cigs.
And they talk about the same, eh. Hotels and motels down town are very expensive, I guess it's the taxes. Make sure you have good car Ins. because they drive really wild there.eh. The mountains are beautiful winter or summer especially around Calgary.
After the snow has been on the ground for several weeks in the cities it looks a little trashy, with all the trash a city has and the melting and freezing and wind. I have made a lot of friends there over the years, and they treat me like royalty. I love it.eh. Hope you get to visit some day.

Troy

EverReady!974 12-20-2003 11:50 PM

Canada

Yeah, eh.
Ive been down there y'all too. Except theres trash there year round y'all. concrete jungle y'all. y'all ever been to the skids in the y'all states y'all? Its all good, Ill keep my rivers that arent flammable,etc. And y'all hope ya knows im kiddin y'all, right?

Pinto_Guy 12-21-2003 02:16 AM

If you want a quick primer on Canada, I would pick up a couple of Stompin Tom CDs. He sums it up like no other!

Frisco 12-21-2003 09:05 AM

The only section of Canada that I've visited is Ontario (Quetico Provincial Park) just across the border from the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) in Minnesota. Beautiful country and some of the best fishing anywhere. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Magnus_Jager 12-21-2003 12:40 PM

My friend and i were just up in Hamilton/ Waterdown Last weekend, picking up a recent ebay find. He goes up there quite frequently, so he had a line on a couple good pubs. We stopped at the winking Judge in Hamilton prior to returning to the US. It's like a bar in someone's house.

Canada
Good beer
Cool relaxing pubs.
Tim Horton's
Bob and Doug

They give so much and ask so little.

Jim

poncho62 12-21-2003 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Magnus_Jager
It's like a bar in someone's house.

Canada
Good beer
Cool relaxing pubs.
Tim Horton's
Bob and Doug

They give so much and ask so little.

Jim

Iv'e been to Oskosh Wi. Every bodies house is just like a bar....lol

By the way, lay off the Tim Hortons when up here. Its very addictive. When we go to the US, we have withdrawls, and as soon as we cross back into Canada, we have to hit the 1st Tims for a fix.

4 Jaw Chick 12-21-2003 01:32 PM

Yup, no doubt about it, we drink waaaaaayyyyy too much coffee. :P Come to Friendly Manitoba.....you have to see Grand Beach--one of the top ten beaches in the world--and Clear Lake. It's one of the deepest glacier lakes in the world--they still haven't found bottom in some places--and clear right to the bottom. I'm serious even where it's over 50 feet deep you can see the bottom. don't swim in it though, very cold:pain:

Chickie.