Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Canadian Tire wrecks engine
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was working at a local Dodge dealership flat rate and as I was new guy in quite often didn't get my first job of the week till Wednesday morning. The guys standing around the shop chatting were pulling in 70-80 hours a week while I was getting my 40 in with my work Wednesday to Friday.

The guys sold the 49 point inspection stuff like wheel bearing repacks and cooling system flushes. The wheel bearing repack consisted of pulling the dust cap off and wiping the old grease off and applying some new grease. Radiator flush involved installing a T connector in the heater hose and sliding the 2 gallons of antifreeze under their bench. Saw brake jobs go out the door without the wheels ever being Pulled off the car.

Slick tower operators... Single moms and selling work not really needed.. "are you going on vacation this summer? Well how would you feel it you broke down in the Okanogan and..."

Did short stint at CT 30 years ago, it was a job and better than that dodge dealership, I have herd if you want to make $100000/yr+ pulling wrenches that's the place to do it..

"Nope, but i do know that this thread is 6 years old."
Somebody sure has time to peruse the archives!!