Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Canadian Tire wrecks engine
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Car repair ripoffs are nothing new. When I was a line mechanic at our local Ford dealership I continually watched our two front end mechanics turn 80 to 120 hours a week flat rate. They specialized in Fords twin "I" beam axle on the trucks. Rarely did a Ford truck get on their lift that did not need a complete front end overhaul. These guys actually did the work, but billed each operation out like that was the only thing they were doing. R&R shocks 1.5 hours, R&R drag link 1.5 hours, R&R kingpins 4.5 hours, on and on. Later when I worked as a service writer at the same dealership I saw how difficult it was to explain to a customer how they could drop off their truck in the morning and pick it up about 4:00pm and have 10+ hours labor billed to it. If these thieves didn't flat rate 20+ hours a day they moped around like first graders. Meanwhile myself and several other line mechanics were busting out butts to make 40 to 60 hours a week. Nothing new at all when it comes to car repair I'm afraid.

Vince