Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Canadian Tire wrecks engine
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 AM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
I hate to say this, because you had a good experience, but if you ever saw the "Canada to US" inspection sheet, you would know that it has absolutely nothing to do with vehicle condition. It checks GVW, GAWR, tire size, pressure and type, VIN, daytime running lights, lift kit, and compliance label. The safety comes when the out of province is done. There are no safety checks done on an out of country, it takes MAYBE 10 minutes with a clipboard and a tire gauge.
No problem thanks for pointing that out, just got a little mixed up with he the two types of check out requirements, the safety I was thinking of was the Manitoba one which they said it passed, they had intended I suppose to sell it there so the safety was done. Thats what I was told and also that it was all good when we bought it.

At any rate the guys/service at CT was top notch, the great thing was they handled the entire process including calling the dealership and arranging them to pay for the sask safety as well the repairs, what more can I say, hats off.