Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Canadian Tire wrecks engine
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Canadian Tire wrecks engine

Screwed by Canadian Tire.

Being a former employee and not a big fan of their customer service methods I am happy to bring this to your attention. As an employee I was treated very poorly and was witness to so many abuses of customer vehicles and wallets that we would need a special forum just to list them all.

For example around 1986 when third mounted brake lights were just coming out on new vehicles many people would come in and purchase accessory lights and have them mounted inside their vehicles by the mechanics, the mechanics would come to me and ask for wire end connectors and splice blocks to complete the installation...at $2.00 a piece or more. As anyone who has ever installed one of these lights will tell you, the kits come complete with all the connectors and splice blocks you would require to install them. I was the parts guy for the mechanics.

Not enough...heres another, warranty replacement of tires involved measuring and averaging tire wear across the tread face and was prorated according to how much was worn off the tire according to a corporation published book listing alll the tires that were sold by the corporation, without exception the measurements listed in the book were 4/32" more than actual measured tire tread depth on any new tire (I checked because I was the tire warranty guy).

If a manager didn't like you they would swap a shift or two around on you on the official schedule, repost it after hours and then fire you for not showing up for a regular scheduled shift, they did not hand out copies for this reason.

Part time employees were lured into paying into the company pension/sick benefits and profit sharing plan but were never told that they had to work 20 hours per week to be considered "part time" employees, guess how many ever were scheduled to work 20 hours per week...you got it...zippo. My hours worked out to 19.8 hours per week after 3 years, smart cookies hey!

I got a million of em.