Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cant figure it out? wheel bearings? bent A-arm? bent spindle?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 09:30 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Refresh my memory.. was '92 4th generation?

Has this car been in any accidents? Check the firewall for wrinkles you see on one side of the vheicle but not the other.

I had a 3rd generation Camaro that was pretty rough.. Eventually the tie rod fell off one day when I was about to leave for class. Naturally, when this happenned I replaced the tie rod and had it aligned. (As a side note, it was at K-mart and they charged me for a new tie rod even though I provided one, and when I noticed this and went back I had to make them get the new one I had provided out of the dumpster.)

At any rate, when I drove it home the car was seriously dog tracking (the car travelling a different direction than it was pointing.) I measured diagonally and got different measurements (left front wheel to right rear vs. right front to left rear). So it was obvious that typical alignment techniques wouldn't quite work right (setting the two front wheels parallel with eachother) and I just fudged it on my own. (got the front wheels parallel with the rear wheels)