Hot Rod Forum banner

Can't find info on my camshaft

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BigEd36 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've been looking on internet to find specification on my camshaft (it was already installed in the engine when I bought the engine. Here what I have;

CMC 113R

Thx !

Anthony

#2 ·
Maybe???

Sealed Power Mechanical Flat Tappet Camshafts CS-113R - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Brand: Sealed Power

Manufacturer's Part Number: CS-113R

Part Type: Camshafts

Product Line: Sealed Power Mechanical Flat Tappet Camshafts

Summit Racing Part Number: SLP-CS-113R

UPC: 053059120014

Cam Style: Mechanical flat tappet

Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 228

Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 230

Duration at 050 inch Lift: 228 int./230 exh.

Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.390 in.

Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.401 in.

Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.395 int./0.401 exh.

Lobe Separation (degrees): 110

Camshaft Gear Attachment: 3-bolt

Computer-Controlled Compatible: No

#6 · (Edited)
CMC stands for "Camshaft Machine Company" located in Jackson, Michigan. That is the foundry that casts camshaft blanks for various aftermarket cam grinders. The catalog number 113 indicates what engine the camshaft fits. It has nothing to do with the grind.

CMC a subsidiary of Federal Mogul, was bought and moved to Florida by Crane Cams but was later reacquired by the original owners when Crane sold off their holdings and restructured their company.

#14 · (Edited)
Those specs are the same as the "097" Duntov cam. That was a pretty good 283 cam back in the day. The 1957 Fuel Injected 283 with that cam was the first engine with a factory horsepower rating of 1 hp per cubic inch of displacement, 283 cubic inches, 283 horse power! Same cam as the Elgin E-900-P. The second cam fron the top of this listing from the Elgin Pro Stock catalog.

#12 ·
The numbers you've posted aren't going to get you anywhere.....cam is just a "generic" Melling/Speed-Pro/Sealed Power/stock replacement ground on a dirt common core from Camshaft Machine.

Only way you are definatively going to find out what its specs are is to get a degree wheel and dial indicator and degree the cam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.