Hot Rod Forum banner

Can't get turn signals to work properly

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Pupsvette76 
#1 ·
Hey guys I need some help today I noticed that when I put the right turn signal on it blinks fine and the left blinker blinks to but very very dim and then when I put the left turn signal the right also blinks but it's noticeable enough to see through the lense also the marker bulbs were blinking too what the hell

#2 ·
Definitly a bad ground back there. Trust me.:pimp:
Clean the grounds and dont be afraid to solder new ends on them if they look corroded.
Easy to find which one, just grab a 15 foot long piece of wire and hook to the battery negative, then go to the affected lighting while operating the curcuit and touch the substitute ground to the existing ground. When the circuit behaves normally....you have found the defective ground.

#7 ·
I found the bad ground it is the brown wire that grounds the marker lights on the forward light harness it goes from both markers and signal light assemblies to the junction block at the firewall it's tough to trace where that ground ends becausey car has a cage in it so its tough to get under the dash anybody know where that brown wire ends

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.