Hot Rod Forum banner

car clubs

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  1971BB427 
#1 ·
Just wondering what your feelings are about belonging to a car club. Good or bad?:thumbup:

#6 ·
Ain't that the truth.

Been in several. Some structured and a couple that were just some guys. Good and bad points.. One of my pet peaves are the guys that "borrow" stuff. I own just about every car/fab/builder tool known to man.. So I get plenty of borrowers.. It's the ones that "forget" where the tool belongs or keep them till they think they own them.. They are the ones that get on my "no way" list. Then they are PlSSED at me..

#4 ·
Waste of time. I joined a few MANY years ago but never saw any kind of benefit from it. Joined one a few years ago but it turned into a Handyman's Club and eventually fell apart. I still hang out with friends at car shows, which I haven't even been going to those since I started the van build last year.
I guess it really depends on if you are a joiner or a loner... I am a loner and am usually doing stuff in the shop instead of going to a "meeting"...
Mark

#7 ·
I belong to a car club, see my avatar. I am one of the youngest members, we have a ball, the club was established in 1948, 4 years before I was born. We do the Christmas parade in town, we have a picnic and a poker run for the members, a monthly meeting, our 50/50 raffle at the meeting sponsors scholarships. We offer the scholarships to 4 schools, we had one interested, she (yes, she) was the only scholarship awarded. We will convoy to car shows, it cool to see a mess of hot rods going down the road. I think a good part of everyone getting along is the mellowness of old age...:D

#8 ·
Depends on the club. I'm not a joiner, but I'm a member of a club. We had a small group of friends who went to all sorts of car things together, and always talked about joining a club, but didn't see one that we thought really fit. Didn't like the dues, meetings, etc., and most just seemed too structured for us.
We finally just picked a name and started a club ourselves. We never have meetings, and we have no dues. Everyone shared the cost on any club decals, and if we ever get a shirt we'll split the cost there too. We have no leader, and we get together often in the summer, and a couple times a month in the winter to go get a meal or coffee and donuts.
Works perfect for us!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.