Hot Rod Forum banner

Car Cover Capsule - Must see if you haven't already

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  5_speed 
#1 ·

I just bought a new outdoor cover for my car, because of where I live I can't use one of these since I don't trust the locals not to cut it, but for you guys that keep your vehicles in a garage for long periods and would like to protect it while still being able to enjoy seeing it .. this may be be for you. "Car Capsule"

They also sell outdoor versions, which are white and not transparent. I am going to buy one once I get a garage.

I am not advertising, I do not have any stock in the company, I do not work for them, I do not know anybody who does. I'm simply sharing a pretty neat car cover find to share with you guys.

-Brett

See less See more
#3 ·
hay a car in a bubble, say can you shake it and make it snow in that thing?

dose the air stay in when you open the bubble door?

that thing is right up there with a samwow

not knocking it cause people buy samwows or is it scamwow ? can not remember

if you plug it in ..... it will transport your car to the next car show .... no more trailers ...

you could even paint in there, no over spray on the walls .

#4 ·
pepi said:
hay a car in a bubble, say can you shake it and make it snow in that thing?

dose the air stay in when you open the bubble door?

that thing is right up there with a samwow

not knocking it
cause people buy samwows or is it scamwow ? can not remember

if you plug it in ..... it will transport your car to the next car show .... no more trailers ...

you could even paint in there, no over spray on the walls .
Why is it, that every time you post, it's something derogatory, disrespectful, or offensive in some way shape or form.

Lets get back to basics guy, if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say anything at all. :rolleyes: I thought we were mostly all adults here? It's one thing to opine about a certain subject and or debate the usefullness of a given product, but it's just ignorant to knock things before you try them. Please refrain from such comments in the future, they aren't necessary or welcome. Thanks!

The point of any car cover is to protect your vehicle from the elements, the onlookers, and particles in the air. Do you know what happens when you take even your softest rag to a paint job that's got anything on it at all? You scratch it.

To the people who actually have a nice paint job, and care about it such as myself, this cover would be almost perfect. It allows you to enjoy the sight of your automobile, while keeping people away from it, thus making it unlikely that it would ever get scratched or dented by people in your garage. If the vehicle sits for extended periods of time, having a cover that protects but doesn't touch the car is extremely appealing as well.

#6 ·
5_speed said:
Why is it, that every time you post, it's something derogatory, disrespectful, or offensive in some way shape or form.

Lets get back to basics guy, if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say anything at all. :rolleyes: I thought we were mostly all adults here? It's one thing to opine about a certain subject and or debate the usefullness of a given product, but it's just ignorant to knock things before you try them. Please refrain from such comments in the future, they aren't necessary or welcome. Thanks!

QUOTE]

In Pepis' defense, some of like his sense of humor. You've been a member for a month, give him a break. Those that don't like it, there's the ignore button, use it.
Dan

#7 ·
Never knew about that ignore feature, best invention ever thanks for the tip Dan it's most appreciated!

I figured it was one of those every joke has it's truth deals in reverse, every truth is a joke. That's cool for those that drink that tea, to each their own I guess.

I believe the dual or triple fans run constantly, in effort to replenish the stock of air in the capsule.

In effort to improve on such a design, I would have to agree with Vince and say that it would be most beneficial if it were able to be filled with nitrogen. It has a lower moisture content and would keep the humidity inside significantly lower than that of the oxygen rich air outside the bubble.

The problems which arise from trying to hold air in with a zipper, and possible health risks associated with a leak were probably not worth the liability on the companies behalf.

Although Nitrogen is not flammable, it would sure give you a buzz if someone "burst your bubble" and you came in the garage shortly after trying to locate the culprit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.