car got broken into - need a schematic - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 03:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

car got broken into - need a schematic

Guys I need your help.

Some punk stole my car stereo, messed up my glass and weather stripping. I googled for some time and searched here, but couldn't locate a simple schematic:

Trigger switch is sensing the removal of a stereo device (or door is open), it uses an independet a 9 or 12V battery with a siren. Once it is activated, the siren sounds continously for 20-30 seconds. No matter if the trigger switch is on or off (or wires are cut for the switch), the 20-30 second alarm will sound. Anybody has a part number or a schematic showing how to do it? Of course, a bypass hidden switch will disable it. Also a 10-15 second delay will help to enter the vehicle and enable the bypass switch.

I would like to install a switch under a stereo and also one in the door with 2 separate batteries and 2 sirens.

Any link to a do-it-yourself schematic will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Denis
'67 Camaro RS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Doc here,

Confused...

I read this post like 3 times...

Are you asking HOW to defeat a trigger on an existing alarm , now that the CD unit is missing??

Or are you asking how to build yourself an alarm system?

If it's the former...need to know the alarm and CD unit make and model..

If it's the latter, let us know, there are all kinds of op~amps that can be configured for what you want to achieve, as well as time delay relays..depending on your skill level.

Doc
Old 08-01-2006, 05:02 PM

Last photo:

Sorry, Doc, for causing confusion. I'd like to install a new unit, but this time put a trigger switch under the stereo, which will go off once the stereo is removed. The switch will be always pushed in, thus no current. However once released, the siren will go off immediately (even if a thief tries to push the switch back, the siren should sound).

If a door is open, after a delay of 10-15 seconds to disarm it with a hidden switch, the siren must sound for 30-45 seconds (I don't want to piss off the neighbors) continuously. I have enough time to run outside with a bat. 30 second siren is controlled by the same hidden switch which serves two purposes (disarms and kills the annoying siren).

To keep it simple, I'd like to operate two sirens off two heavy duty 9 volt batteries hidden in separate locations. One battery is for the stereo, one is for the doors.

If you have any ideas or pointers, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks a lot!
Denis
Old 08-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Doc here,

Time delay relays should be all you need..(like the kind used for courtesy lamp egress delay), one "on" Delay..

I don't advocate using a 9 volt (or other battery) separate the system..(like the smoke detectors, they have a tendency to die just when you need them most..and what is the shelf life on a 9 volt battery..like 4 minutes?? )

A TDR will run on the system 12 volts and work flawlessy..(unless your worried about getting the battery ripped first..in which case, alarm the hood direct, when opened, it sets off the siren.)

The "On" delay relay can be hooked to your dome lamp system..so that when the door is opened the relay triggers..and starts timing out..Then fires after the predetermined time..

wire the Relay Coil power hot at all times (via a hidden defeat switch) Next wire the Relay coil ground to the dome lamp switch at any door post. Next wire the normally open contact to the battery, and the center wiper to the siren.

You should be able to score the TDR at NAPA for under $30 bucks..Corvette uses one for it's lighting system..as well as many other modern vehicles..

The push button idea should work fine, just be sure it won't flex or move inadvertently or you may have a headache every-time you hit a bump!

Doc
Old 08-01-2006, 09:17 PM

Last photo:

Cool thanks, Doc! I will check with Napa.

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.