Car kills people in Parade. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 11:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Car kills people in Parade.

I just saw this article.This is horrible.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2007, 11:57 PM

Last journal entry: Another alternator bracket change
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I can't believe they would let a Funny Car do a burn out of any sort on a public street. There's a reason why they have safety walls and fences at tracks. This is not going to go well for everyone involved. Very, very tragic and dumb. The irony of it being an event for disabled children only makes this worse. Jeez.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
You know, I have seen a lot of stupid things at parades. We go in them often with the Boy Scouts and plus we love to bring the kids to them. But man do people do some stupid things at them. One that sticks out in my mind is a group of Harley riders on their "Hogs" around in circles gassing them and reving them. They were INCHES from people sitting on the curb. I was so ticked, they should have been dragged off those bikes and had their arses kicked!

What kind of moron thought that a drag car doing a burn out was a good idea?

Brian
Old 06-17-2007, 01:09 AM

Last photo:

I just read this too. Very sad indeed. Why would they let this happen?
In my home town they dont even let show cars do burn outs or they get a ticket. I guess this is why.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:11 AM

Last photo:

that suck ......... prayers go out to the families ....
Old 06-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Lost in the 50s!

Last journal entry: time to start body work
Last photo:

That is horrible. Those poor people. That was supposed to be helping children.

Someone was not thinking when they allowed him to do that in a parade or the driver did it on his own.

I suspect there will be major lawsuits over this.

If anyone hears more about this, please post it.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:48 AM

Last photo:

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, I just saw the video of this tragedy. OH MY GOD, those BAS TARDS!!! My anger shouldn't be censored, those BAS TARDS!!!!!!

This wasn't a little "Brake stand burnout" that got away fromt he driver. This was a FULL ON, FULL THROTTLE BLEACH BOX BURNOUT by a FRIGGIN FUNNY CAR!! It was WELL OVER TWO HUNDRED FEET LONG!!!! The BAST ARDS had this FUNNY CAR (!!!!!) going maybe a HUNDRED MPH tires up in smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOSE BASTA RDS!!!!!!

What kind of MORON, HICK, INNERBREAD, MORON would think this is a good idea??????? MY GOD, I have NEVER seen anything so IGNORANT in my life!!!

This was a four lane street lined with people and this MORON does a FULL ON, FULL THROTTLE SMOKE SHOW with a 4-5 THOUSAND HP car, FULL THROTTLE!!!!! It was going AT LEAST 100 MPH only twenty feet or so away past the crowd!!!!! I am having a hard time believing what I saw, it is like one of those goofy photos that gets photo shopped! It looks cartoon is, IMPOSSIBLE to believe someone could be so STUPID!!!!

Then the talking heads on the news are asking the same old questions about "regulations" and crap like that. Like the drag racing community can be judged by this BAS TARD, or BAST ARDS who put this thing on. She was asking, "so are there usually some sort of barrior? GEE, NO KIDDING! How about TWO metal barriors, with the crowd over a hundred feet away behind them!

This video will turn your stomach. It is like watching a school class being led thru a gorrilla cage at the zoo. It is like watching children having apples shot off their head with a hand gun. I am not kidding you, this was beyond a "stupid accident". These people need to be put in jail! They clearly endangered those people, this was a SURE THING. It was not a "freak accident". This was a SURE THING, it was GOING to happen. It would be like allowing people to cross the track at a NASCAR race, it was BEYOND STUPID, it was NEGLIGENT.

Brian
Old 06-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Hot Rodding Old Fart

Last photo:

That is very sad what happened. My hart goes out to all the family's. How could road conditions make this happen? I think driver error, or mechanical error. What do you guys think? Of course they should have never allowed it. Wonder if they had a permit to let them do the burn out. There's a lot more questions to be asked.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 AM

Last photo:

The video

The video can be seen here on the news website. While the smoke from the burnout covers the impact, the sounds and the comments by the person filming say it all. The second part is VERY GRAPHIC. It shows the aftermath.
The third part is a chilling witness account. Not a good thing at all!

This was a VERY tragic accident and 2 more have died raising the total to 7. My thoughts go out to the families and friends of the victims.

The organizers,driver and the team involved with that car need to fried in hot oil.

http://www.wmcstations.com/

Last edited by tfeverfred; 06-17-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRODDER
That is very sad what happened. My hart goes out to all the family's. How could road conditions make this happen? I think driver error, or mechanical error. What do you guys think? Of course they should have never allowed it. Wonder if they had a permit to let them do the burn out. There's a lot more questions to be asked.
What went wrong? The BAST ARDS decided this was ok, that's what!

This is a RACE CAR, it would be like landing a friggin F-14 on a city street, it was INSANE. If the car had been IDLEING down the street..rumpity, rumpity, that would have been bad enough. This wasn't a little econo rail with a carburated small block and auto tranny. This was a FULL ON FUNNY CAR. Designed to run at a very high RPM. I have seen stuff like this in parades, they were TOWED thru by a truck. To have the motor even running is INSANE.

Picture this, a highway with strips of OIL down the center of every lane. This MORON lights up about 3000-5000 HP with tires spinning at about 10,000 RPM, it was INSANE. Nothing "went wrong", it DID WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT IT TO!!!!!!!!!

Brian
Old 06-17-2007, 12:05 PM

Last photo:

I'm with you, Brian. I have NEVER seen a street or highway that was as well maintained as a drag strip lane and they STILL crash on that! This is one reason street racers crash. The conditions of a city street or highway are not meant for this. A funny car making a pass on one is a tragedy in the making.

This is perhaps the STUPIDEST lack of regard for human life I have EVER seen! This guy basically had a loaded gun and walked into the crowd and started shooting! The results would have been the same. DEATH.

Not that it matters, but I hope this was not a Pro Circuit car.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:10 PM

Last photo:

WOW! the video is chilling to watch. That was a seriously stupid thing to do- that car must have been doing 60-70 mph before it crashed into the crowd.
Very tragic...
Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

that was really stupid!!!!! when i first read the story and saw the still pics i couldnt figure out how a car just sitting smoking the tires could do so much damage! it didnt even occur to me that it was making a pass down the street!!!!!!!!

that was stupid and tragic
Old 06-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Last photo:

Here's a link to the driver and team website. It is closed for obvious reasons.

http://www.troycritchley.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	troy_critchley.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	22012  

Last edited by tfeverfred; 06-17-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:21 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress

I don't need to say much - most of you have already voiced my opinion, but I'd add...

This is A tragic, meaningless and ultimately preventable event - this was not an "accident" ~ all it would have taken was COMMON SENSE

ALL the people responsible should be held accountable to the full extent of the law - and I have no compassion for the driver at all, he had the ultimate responsibility to say no to this irresponsible stunt.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.