Car Rentals Poll ... bad experiences - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Multiple Choice: Which of these have you had BAD experiences with?
Alamo 0 0%
Avis 0 0%
Budget 4 80.00%
Dollar 1 20.00%
Enterprise 0 0%
Hertz 0 0%
National 0 0%
Rent-A-Wreck 0 0%
Thrifty 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Car Rentals Poll ... bad experiences

As some of you may already know, I have had a bad experience with Budget Rent-a-Car (A part of the Avis Budget Group ... formerly Cendant)

I added a poll to my original post ... which has seen roughly 1500 views over the past year, but now I am thinking that it would be more interesting to start a fresh thread / poll so that the results can be better associated with the number of views.

My interest in this has been re-kindled because of a series of private e-mail messages from another Budget customer that has had almost exactly the same experience ... in exactly the same location ... almost one year later to the day! (Vancouver Airport, in the province of British Columbia (B.C.), Canada.

Anyway ... the poll is multiple choice, so if you have had BAD experiences with more than one ... please indicate. If you would like to provide a story that explains your vote ... you are more than welcome to do so.

My intent here is to provide a link to this poll, and let these rental companies know that they might have to be accountable to a bunch (currently 65,091) of automotive enthusiasts that may be a significant portion of their customer base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

CRAP, I voted for Thrifty without reading the poll question! I did NOT have a bad experiance, it was very good!

I walked out of the airport in Boston to a waiting Thrifyvan that drove me right to Thrify. I went thru the paper work and made a mistake by adding a second driver. After seeing that it would cose me about 150 bucks more to have my wife as a driver I asked them to remove it. The lady re-did the whole thing over with a smile and I was on my way. I checked the car in in Virgina at Dulis Airport and they drove me to the gate for my flight. Not a single problem, VERY happy with them!

Brian
Old 11-21-2007, 12:20 PM
oldsmobile compatible

Last wiki edit: Selling your car Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Although you can't reserve a specific car, you say what size you want and hope for the best. For our honeymoon, my wife and I reserved for a Monte Carlo size at Budget.

We flew into Calgary, went to the rental place at the mall and among the rentals I spotted a purple Monte and white Buick Century and in the parking lot. I said I'll bet they assign us the Grampa Buick. Sure enough they did. I asked about the Monte. The manager looking guy said it was already rented. Ok.

We leave and drive to the other side of the mall lot because we want to go shopping. We park and walk toward the mall. Before crossing the lane, a car was approaching. A familiar looking purple Monte car...with the manager guy behind the wheel.

I dunno if Budget makes home deliveries, but I got the feeling the manager was keeping the Monte for himself.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I only ever rented one car in my life..........National in Las Vegas..........A1....Good experience

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.