Hot Rod Forum banner

car shakes at 70mph

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  1973ChevroletNova 
#1 ·
i have a 87 z28 camaro with 305 and when driving down the highway at 70 the car starts to shake real bad and i dont know whats causing it if u have any idea let me know thanks jj

#5 ·
it has done that since i bought the car just at first u couldent realy notice it but know u can notice it alot i race it on the street alot it has broke the tork bar that conects the rear to the tranny i took of at a lite and the tires bite and back end hit the ground and sparks shot every where got another tork bar off of a 91 fire bird with automatic trans the camaro is a 5 speed man maybe thats the prob thanks again jj

#6 ·
I had a 69 Road Runer that did the same thing, I had bought a bogus set of 60 series tires from a tire shop and the car ran fine until I hit 70 mph. Then the rear would shake until I powered through it at about 75. I went back to the shop and they just couldn't get them to balance. A new set of tires quickly fixed the problem. Boy was I stupid to sell that car (well hind sight is 20 20)

Regards
Mark :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.