Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car Shows, My Car, & Modified Vs. Stock Class.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

I know what you mean about the know-it-all-but-really-know-nothing-and-show-their-ignorance-by-opening-their-mouth car show judges.

Most of the shows I enter into are participant judged, and even the better percentage of them know less than they show.

The fact some other show cars are shown alongside a four door sedan REALLY gets some of the other owners a bit hot around the collar, and really shows what little sportsmanship they have, believe me, my kids have noticed this.

Just because these people are older, or look like adults, doesn't mean they have grown up, because most of them certainly don't act like it. I have won a couple second places, and a couple third and fourth places, but have mostly attended for the "also-ran" and had fun doing it.

I had a post on the board a long time ago about not winning trophies, I could care less now, I go for the dash plaque and good time, and it's much cheaper than most other hobbies I have gotten myself into. I have more money invested into each of two of my other hobbies than I do into the Malibu total.