Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car Shows, My Car, & Modified Vs. Stock Class.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

According to the shows rules of 3 mods and still stock, it technically is still that way with paint, wheels, and possibly interior if they get picky. I am even running the original 267 with 165,000 miles on it, the only changes to it are currently the camshaft, and fuel pump.

Like all the cookie cutter magazines say:

"Run what you brung", and "dare to be different".

I know I don't have as desireable a car as a 2-door, or an antique, or even a classic muscle car.

The air-dam and spoiler are factory originals found on a Malibu M80 as there was never a 6th generation SS.

I cannot fully expect to be excited about the newer generation SS designation on the cars rolling off the line in the past 7 years.

A four door econobox with nothing that will set me back in the seat and bring a smile to my face doesn't deserve the SS badges like the first run of the newest generation of Monte Carlo (they finally wised up and added a supercharger with a measly 40 horsepower addition to the base model), same thing with the latest generation Impala (40 HP over LS model, but they added over 150 pounds with the modifications to the drivetrain and exhaust.

There aren't very many ricers in this area that waste their time showing their cars with the muscle car crowd because they cannot compete against a majority.
Quote:
Your car doesn't mean a thing, it's who you know.
My car is not a coupe, a muscle car, or from the late 60's/ early 70's era, and I don't pretend it to be. I go to have a good time and have actually gained some respect for showing something different.

Mainly because I'm running a different car, the judges aren't sure at all about the specifics for the particular year. The color was actually an option for the entire Chevrolet lineup for 1981, with an RPO code stating [NON-RECOMMENDED PAINT COLOR].

Only one member here on Hotrodders was able to help me determine what the wheels were from before I bought them.