Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car Shows, My Car, & Modified Vs. Stock Class.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 05:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If I were you, I wouldnt get my panties in a bunch over it, the idea is to make it the way YOU like it. Your car will most likely never be a big hit with the judges. As far as stock class goes , I dont think it would be much of a contender unless there werent many to compete against. Same with the modified class. as much as you may like the car, most judges arent gonna get excited over a 4 ddor g-body, with a 267...or any engine for that matter..again, unless there just werent many others that showed up....or possibly , your attention to detail, & quality of the build showed over everyone else.
Its kinda like mine. Ive got a 75 GMC C-15 shortbed stepside pickup, lowered ,454, lotsa nice stuff....the only way mine gets any awards is if the show has a class for modified trucks.
If you want a car to win shows & please judges, you need to get a 2 door, & dont tell anyone its a 267. If you really like the car, thats cool, but dont expect to get local car show , or any judges to get excited.
I take mine to shows all the time, never expecting to win a thing, & usually dont, but I have fun hangin out with friends & lookin at other peoples junk. John