Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car Shows, My Car, & Modified Vs. Stock Class.
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Thanks for your opinion here Dave. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The modifications the shows I enter into call for examples including non-stock wheels, custom paint, obviously non stock engines like something that never had anything more than a V-6 now sporting a V-8. Obvious things that everyone accepts as never being offered in the particular make/model.

Common sense would tell anyone that a chopped top, a blown anything, and tubbed rear, is nothing but a major modification, NONE of which came from the factory on ANY manufacturers' vehicle, I am talking here about stuff that actually came from the factory, that could have possibly been an offering on a car that it didn't originally come as an option on.

When I had the car appraised two years ago the only things the appraiser stated as non stock were paint and wheels, everything else is exactly the same as back then only I have switched to a different set of wheels and added the stripes.

Same thing as a COPO, or anything that rolled out of the service entrance at theYenko, Berger, Nickey, Baldwin-Motion, or any other dealer that offered a modified vehicle from the dealer with a warranty using stock and modified stock parts.

Now I am not really even close to having a problem with anyone's point of view of my car, it's an opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs, I don't expect anyone to like my car for what it is or what I've done to it. I do.
Yes I realize it's not even a desireable model, and that a sedan is less desireable than a coupe, but I show it because it is realistically unique, hardly anyone shows ANY four door from 1960 on. Be different.

And as far as opinions go, here's mine, I would like to see someone actually put a Ford engine in a three window coupe, or a T-bucket.