Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car Shows/Places of Interest in Central and Northern California
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Hit the Crocker Art Museum, if you are into photography, in my opinion art is art, I do believe you will seriously taken by what you see. There are paintings of "the old west" that are 150 years old there that will blow your mind. Think about it, a painting that is 6x8 foot. It isn't a copy, or one of others, this is it, the only one with such detail it looks like it's alive. How about one that is about 20x15 feet that is one man's vision of his dads last breath of life, it took him seven years to paint. Sure there are a lot of stuff that doesn't interest me either but damn there is a lot there that did.

In sf there is just too much to list, I will try but you will see it right in front of you. The old Itailan neighborhood North Beach with the Washington square park and St. Peter and Paul church, you want art! You could take a photo of ANY square foot of the inside of that church and hang it on your living room wall, EVERY SQUARE INCH is art! It's not your usual tourstie place, it is like a small town. I never realized how these neighborhoods in big cities are very much like a little town out in middle America. Everyone knows everyone and many people simply never leave the few blocks they were born in.

I'll come up with some more for you.

Brian