Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car Shows/Places of Interest in Central and Northern California
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:01 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by techron
also, if you like REALLY BIG hot rods go over the river to old sacramento and check out the california state train museum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Very cool museum, and so well done it is kinda like a car show. There is one in particular that has mirrors above and below it so you can see all the detail and striping!

Old Sacramento (the location of the museum) is kinda funky in my opinion but the museum is top knotch.

Brian
I did end up going to this museum last year. Unfortunately, my photos came out pretty bad so I don't have anything to share . But man, what a great place!

I was in the San Luis Obispo area this Saturday and visited a few interesting places. Bob (deckofficer), I imagine you've probably been through here several times.

I went to Coalesce Book Store in Morro Bay . Its very much a hippy kinda spot with all sorts of books as well as a wedding chapel in the back. I have been there several times before but never looked for automotive books until now. I bought the following three books: "Toyota: Maintenance and Repair Guide for 1970-77 Models, Celica, Corolla, Corona", "Auto Repair for Dummies, second editon", which is written by a female author and has very basic explanations and diagrams; and a third book with no title but you can see two pages from it in the bottom two shots. it looks more like a hard-bound fancy brochure for the Thunderbird.

I was also in Cambria for a few hours and love to stop at this shop called Granny Had One Antiques. This shop and other antiques\ shops are trouble for me because there is always so much I wana buy, especially if its automotive. Two items caught my eye this time, but I didn't know exactly how antique they were. The cans didn't look very old. Any info greatly appreciated.

While in Cambria, I also stopped at Peter Zobian's Vintage Automobilia and picked up the "Holley Service Manual: Dual Down Draft, Models 885-FF, 885-JJg, 1901 &1901-G".

I stopped in the city of Buellton on the way back home. I always stop at the 76 gas station there and this time saw a few interesting vehicles covered up the dealership next door called Kars. This place is located on the Avenue of the Flags. I photographed them really quickly at night, so sorry for the quality of the images. Can you tell what cars they are? Ever been there?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coalesce Bookstore.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	548.2 KB
ID:	62115   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05305.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	62116