Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   Car Sketches (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/car-sketches-128662.html)

t66turbocobra 11-21-2007 08:36 PM

Car Sketches
 
Here are some my quick idea sketches. I have about 10-15mins at the most in each. These are only general ideas, not finals. Im a first semester Auto/product design student
Quick line sketch
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics529.jpg
First version
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics500.jpg
Second version
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics530.jpg
Third version
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics531.jpg
some other random sketches
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics477.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics528.jpg

malc 11-22-2007 12:06 PM

I have about 10-15mins at the most in each. :nono:

You´re pulling my plonker.

t66turbocobra 11-22-2007 02:58 PM

\
Quote:

Originally Posted by malc
I have about 10-15mins at the most in each. :nono:

You´re pulling my plonker.

Actually buddy Im not. These are simply scketchs not full out masterpeices. I do about 20 of these a week.

Rob Keller 11-22-2007 05:25 PM

That would take me 20 Years!!

Keep up the good work!







:thumbup:

DVierstra 11-23-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t66turbocobra
\
Actually buddy Im not. These are simply scketchs not full out masterpeices. I do about 20 of these a week.

I believe you. I do a full digital rendering in 8-12 hours average. A quick sketch can take me 10-12 minutes.


DV

t66turbocobra 11-23-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVierstra
I believe you. I do a full digital rendering in 8-12 hours average. A quick sketch can take me 10-12 minutes.


DV

Thank u. like anything, time comes with experince. Once u have done something enough, you get faster. If I may ask, what is your profession?

Kusto 11-23-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t66turbocobra
time comes with experince. Once u have done something enough, you get faster.


Thats exactly what I tell the wife... :evil:

DVierstra 11-23-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

t66turbocobra , Thank u. like anything, time comes with experince. Once u have done something enough, you get faster. If I may ask, what is your profession?
My profession is Artist: Illustrator, Graphic designer, concept artist, muralist,
logo designer etc. Well rounded I would say. But my passion is automotive illustration, designer. Thanks for asking.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusto
Thats exactly what I tell the wife... :evil:

That's funny. Like the wit Kusto! :cool:


DV

t66turbocobra 11-23-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVierstra
t66turbocobra ,

My profession is Artist: Illustrator, Graphic designer, concept artist, muralist,
logo designer etc. Well rounded I would say. But my passion is automotive illustrator, designer. Thanks for asking.

Thank u. like anything, time comes with experince. Once u have done something enough, you get faster. If I may ask, what is your profession?



That's funny. Like the wit Kusto! :cool:


DV

My gf is a freelance graphic designer aswell. Im going to school to become a product designer or a automotive designer.

powerrodsmike 11-23-2007 03:09 PM

Nice drawing for the time you spent..

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics530.jpg

It looks like a sanding block.

But then again, all them fancy new cars look like sanding blocks to me.

Do you draw hot rods?


later, mikey

t66turbocobra 11-23-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
Nice drawing for the time you spent..

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...erapics530.jpg

It looks like a sanding block.

But then again, all them fancy new cars look like sanding blocks to me.

Do you draw hot rods?


later, mikey

No i do not draw hot rods. Im a conceptual designer that comes up with new concepts. The work i posted is just 2 of my may ideas

79C10 11-23-2007 04:04 PM

These look like a Beemer hatch-back crossed with any new Pontiac. Not knockin your skills , just stating.... these don't look like anything new. :rolleyes:
Hotrods are the bacon! :evil:
a sanding block...... :thumbup: you're killin me! :spank:

t66turbocobra 11-23-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 79C10
These look like a Beemer hatch-back crossed with any new Pontiac. Not knockin your skills , just stating.... these don't look like anything new. :rolleyes:
Hotrods are the bacon! :evil:
a sanding block...... :thumbup: you're killin me! :spank:

I think there is a reason hot-rods are not made any more or never were made. Hot-rods are custom, not a factory product. Thats why "SANDING BLOCKS" are the design of choice now a days. Its not 1950 anymore.

Rob Keller 11-23-2007 04:19 PM

most every one here still lives in a decade of long ago most of the time...

be nice it will happen to you too!

To be honest I cant tell any of them apart any more.
Stickers & wheels before too long they will all be made from the same mold .

a sanding block?

You are too kind.

I would have said somthing else {not to pick on your skills t66turbocobra } I cant draw a stick with out a ruler







R :thumbup:

t66turbocobra 11-23-2007 04:29 PM

I agree. cars today all look alike and need to step out of the box. I agree the design i posted does look like alot of cars. To be honest thats y american cars dont do that well. Not knocking us cars. I love them. Thats all i drive, but foreign design is superior to us design. I havent moved to the design classes yet; thats next semester. Right now Im just learning how to draw the forms and understand what a car really looks like in 2D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.