Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Car Sketches
Thread: Car Sketches
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by t66turbocobra
I think there is a reason hot-rods are not made any more or never were made. Hot-rods are custom, not a factory product. Thats why "SANDING BLOCKS" are the design of choice now a days. Its not 1950 anymore.

You should study some history. I thought design guys still did that. It isn't 1950 anymore , but the retro thing is making alot of folks very happy.

Actually, what we call "hot rods" started out being factory designs, modified by the owner or his/her favorite custom shop, to suit the individual tastes of the owner. The bodies are many times unchanged from their original configuration, yet are no less "hot rod".

Drawings were and still are made to help folks visualize their car before it gets made in real live metal stuff.

That's why I asked if you drew hot rods.

There are a few guys here who do that for our members, as this is a place for folks to help each other.. My avatar pic was drawn by malc, with suggestions from me, based on my preferences, and it and the others he did for me will help me when it comes time to get r done.

I rather like the individual statements still being made by people who don't like following trends started by guys in offices. I have no problem being a minority in the general, non-hotrodder population though.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example