Hot Rod Forum banner

car wont stay started

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  88MonteSSs 
#1 ·
i was letting my car idle and warm up i pulled off and my car made a pop noise and shut of i tried to start it it started and shut right off if i give it some gas it stays started but it runs rough like its missing i thought it was the power valve but the carb checked out fuel filter is good springs rocker pushrods are good to the only thing i have a summit ingition system so i think it might be the box but it starts up when my msd went bad the car didnt even start does anyone have any more sugggestion need help please

#2 ·
88MonteSSs said:
i was letting my car idle and warm up i pulled off and my car made a pop noise and shut of i tried to start it it started and shut right off if i give it some gas it stays started but it runs rough like its missing i thought it was the power valve but the carb checked out fuel filter is good springs rocker pushrods are good to the only thing i have a summit ingition system so i think it might be the box but it starts up when my msd went bad the car didnt even start does anyone have any more sugggestion need help please
A little info on the type of car and motor you are talking about would be helpful.

#3 ·
I had the same problem in my truck, which may not be the same problem as your car's, but I thought I'd share as it might help. In my truck'c case, it turned out to be water and garbage in the gas tank that someone dumped in there. It eventually dirtied the carburetor, which I was told needed to be cleaned by removing the air-horn and cleaning out the float bowl. I ended up rebuilding it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.