Hot Rod Forum banner

carb

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  78 chevy truck 
#1 ·
i have a holley 750 part number 0-3310s and i am haveing a problem with sucking from the carb there are no vacume leaks and it runds good after idle. i have set every thing with a vacum gage and i get 15 i thing it mite be my power vavle the cam i have is a crane 274 218 at 50 and 450 lift and a 300 intake and exaust with a 106 lobe sep i think i am not get enough air at idle i dont know i need help

#4 ·
Can you be more specific? The number you listed is the model # of the carb not the part #, can you give us the part #? What you do next to the carb is dependant on this information.

:welcome:

#8 ·
The part that sticks up above the body of the carb. and has the choke butterflys in it, there should be numbers on the front of it.

Troy

#13 ·
You set the mixture screws to where it idles the fastest and the smoothest.

Troy

#15 ·
Is it cold there yet? The last time I was there 98 I think, for the world of wheels show, I froze my nads of, dang it was cold.

Troy

69 SS/RS full custom Camaro 98 ISCA Grand Champion
69 SS/RS BB Camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 SS Chevelle BB conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

#16 ·
78 chevy truck said:
its 10 the engine is a 350 bored 60 over the sound goes away when you hit the gas. and there is vacum on the ported sisde on the carb for the hei. it moves the timeing 2 degrees i think

what are the factory settings for the mixture screws arnt they 1 1/2 turn
I could be wrong, but I don't think they are up to 10 yet. Read the numbers off of the air horn. All of the numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.