Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - carb jetting (4160)
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 01:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks guys. I'm not going to have the money to convert to a 4150 right now because of the rest of my engine I had to throw money into rebuilding but I will check everything out in there.

People keep telling me that 72's arent that big and pretty standard, so I dunno but from the get-go I always figured the 750 was a little big for my combo anyways so maybe thats why its running rich. I'm hoping my little mods here and there will allow me to pick up some extra power and put that 750 to use.

As far as the porting goes, ive done quite a bit of reading about it. I don't plan on hogging out the runners at all, a light polish on the intake side and a smoother polish on the exaust. My idea is cleaning out the port a little, grind enough to match the intake runners between intake manif. and heads (top of head runners come in and are actually smaller), and deshroud the valves as well as polish up the bowl. The heads were from a 305 so when the 2.02/1.6 valves were installed they have a good bit of shoruding