Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Carb set up help.
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey f-bird, things got a liitle bit more intresting today, one of the guys I hang out with has changed directions on his 406 build, so he offered me me his XE284 cam and long slot rockers for 200$. They are new in boxes......is this something I can use in my current set up? Heads are good to 550 I'm told according to my machine shop guy after I asked your appropriate measurements. Whether they will flow that is of course another subject....sticking with my welfare build this sounds like a decent deal to me if it will work....the converter i got is the b&m 20413, and 411 gears....and as above the 4779 Carb....power interrupt switch, lock timing at 34-36, 3.5 pv, 70-80 jetting, does this sound like a street slug or something that's actually going to get me the damn 12sec et I want so bad for very little cash? I have no issue shifting the thing at 6500 till it eats itself....assuming the heads flow enough to warrant it.....what's your and anyone else's input?