Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Carb set up help.
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
It will work well. Better with a 3500 stall. I run that cam in my 406.
use locked timing and ported vac advance . good match to your carb and intake. and purpose
Do not assume lift clearance on heads (Retainer to seal). Measure it your self.
.507" .510" This cam needs good springs and quality lifters. Works well.
You will like this one in your vette. very strong from 3000 up. Degree it for best results.
You do not need to drop the pan to change the camshaft.

Molyslip Canada Inc. :: Molybdenum Lubricants, Performance Lubricants, Copaslip Anti-Seize, EP2 Grease, Wear Reducing Lubricants, Oil Additive

Remove first few oil pan bolts in front of oil pan, loosen a few more.
Just pry the pan down a hair,just enough to slip the timing cover back on, after
trimming the corners of the timing cover.

Be sure the springs are all installed correctly at correct height. 305 head have deeper exhaust spring
seat. requires a .105" (.060+.030+.015) stack of spring shims to correct, when ex rotators are eliminated. 6800+capable with the correct springs. 6000-6400 shift point is plenty.
Cool idle 3.5" or 4.5" power valve., jetting is fine.
The valve train will not be perfectly quiet with this cam. It has fast action and agressive ramps.

It will GLH.
Currently I have comp 981 springs with about a month or 2 run time on them. Will these get the job done or is an upgrade absolutely required.....?