View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:27 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill View Post
in my bucket i don't have a clearance problem.... sorry i have no idea bout your camero... but was wondering... i have the same set-up, airgap and edelbrock 600.. does it make a diff if u use the spacer ?????
The air gaps are designed for ultimate street performance (thats the claim any way) but adding the spacer defeats the whole design it creates a little more ram effect at high rpm but the rpm you would have to turn to show any measurable benefit is beyond the intakes design unless you run a bigger cam and then again your changing what the rpm intake was designed for negating any gain in performance. About the only thing I think your accomplishing is raising the carb up to make it look neet to novices The other thing your doing is opening up yourself to a reversion problem that you may never know you have reducing some of your H.P. If you need the spacer plate you chose the wrong intake> I hope I helped and you'll probably get a lot of posts now how wrong I am but thats just my opinion!

Spacers on different designed intakes is a different story you can tune with spacer 4" 2" 1" 4 hole or open but those intakes are designed for full throttle blasts and not designed for street performance!

Jester