View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:15 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: Take a kid to a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc View Post
I have a Speed Demon on an 2" spacer on an Airgap, but Im using a four inch cowl hood
as my four inch tall K/N filter has the K/N filter lid on it.
If the hood was too close to the filter lid it would defeat its purpose.

Slap your hood back on with the four bolts and do the clearance check with plasticine, putty.....whatever.
Those air cleaner lids are ok in a sealed scoop situation! (Air cleaner sealed so no air can escape under or around the air cleaner) once the rushing air enters the scoop creating a forced air boost and a cool charge! But if not sealed the rushing air creates a low pressure area around the air cleaner when it rushes out the bottom of the scoop pulling air away from the air cleaner

On cowl induction if the cowl scoop isn't sealed: the in rushing air into the engine compartment through the grill and the cooling fan and under the car can cause air pressure that over powers the cold air coming off your window in the cowl area into the scoop and actually be blowing hot engine compartment air out the scoop inlet the faster you go the worse the condition! now your cowl scoop is acting like a vent expelling hot air and not bringing in cool air!

The other problem about cowl hoods that are not sealed to the intake is they act like para shoots at speed! once the air pressure under the hood is greater then the pressure entering the scoop and over powers the scoop openings ability to exhaust this extra pressure your front end begins to lift !!!!

They look cool and ones going on my wife Comaro LOL But sealed

Jester: By the way really nice Camaro

Last edited by painted jester; 09-27-2012 at 03:21 PM.