Hot Rod Forum banner

Carb spacers do work

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Nemeth 
#1 ·
Hello every one I had a 4 hole spacer atop my performer rpm air gap it really did not pull well.I have a sbc 383 rhs heads 180 cc runners 10.5 to 1 comp 236-242 @ ,050 .550 lift 110 lsa.670 worked avenger.
I installed a 1 inch open spacer....engine came to life and pulls hard mid range.:D:D:D
Seems an engine with after market heads and a decent size cam with a dual plane manifold do much better with open spacers.

How ever an engine with mild build like my 327 with vortec heads performer intake,600 eddy carb comp 218-224 @ .050 9 to1 comp run better with a 1 inch 4 hole spacer.Smaller builds need more velocity for the low end torque.

That is my conclusion after testing both engines with different spacers....

SO YES SPACERS USUALLY DO MAKE A BIG IMPACT ON ENGINE PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

#4 ·
Carb spacers

Well I got so many different answers that I went and bit the bullet and bought several sizes of 4 hole and opens.... Funny the guy at the speed shop told me an open spacer would kill my torque all around....wrong made the bottom a little softer but between 2600 to 6000 I gained a whole lot more seat of the pants pull made me much happier with my build!!!! Was starting to think 383 was a bad choice but know my mind is changing...:):D

Well lets see wat an open hole 1.5 spacer dose.Also I think my dissy advance springs are to tight cause It advances kinda slow when throttle is snapped. Ill try a curve kit and hope nothins wrong with my HEI.

Got to read and experiment first.....before questions are asked and to many wrong answers are given!!!!:embarrass:embarrass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.